Group Training at The Space
- Packages allow attendance at a specified number of classes of specified workout styles over a specified period of validity.
- Packages only allow attendance to the workout style or styles specified in the Package.
- The specified number of classes is either a Fixed Maximum or Unlimited.
- Unlimited Class Packages allow attendance at a maximum of 1 class attendance per day
- Any full or part class attended counts as an attendance
- The Package starts on the day the Package is first used to attend a class
- The last day of validity of the Package is the earlier of:
- the date the maximum number of classes is attended (where applicable)
- the close of day on the day prior to the start date, plus the period of validity, plus the period of any freezes or adjustments minus any deductions incurred.
- the sunset date (see below)
Packages cannot be cancelled or refunded, however if after starting your Package you decide you do not wish to use your Package for some time, you may (at any time before the normal expiry of your Package, but not after expiry) freeze your package for a maximum of 14 days per freeze. The expiry date of your Package will be extended by the duration of the freeze. Freezes may only be arranged in the following way:
- Make a written request to the Space to freeze your package starting on a specified date. Freezes cannot be accepted verbally nor without a specific start date;
- Make the associated payment for a freeze as set out under charges on the website. Payment must be received by the Space at least 48 hours before the start date of your freeze.
- Freezes will start no earlier than 48 hours after the freeze payment has been received.
- Where payment is received later than 48 hours before the requested start date, the freeze start date will not be treated as the requested start date, but as 48 hours after the payment was received.
- Once the freeze start date has been set, it cannot be changed.
- Attendance at (or booking of) a class during the 14 day period of a freeze is perfectly acceptable, however it will cause the freeze to end immediately and the end date of the freeze will be treated as the day before the attendance (or booking). If you wish to freeze your Package again after that class, you would need to purchase a new freeze. The same applies if you only attend part of a class or if you book a class, which you subsequently cancel or don't attend.
- The maximum period for one freeze is 14 days.
- If you wish to freeze for an extended period of time, you will need to purchase multiple freezes. For example if you wish to freeze for 20 days, you will need to purchase 2 freezes, which can be used back-to-back.
- There is no limit to the number of freezes you may purchase, however Packages do have a Sunset Date (see below).
- Once a freeze has been paid for, it cannot be cancelled or refunded.
- Any bookings you made before purchasing your freeze, for classes during the period of your freeze will be cancelled.
Adjust & Restart
Packages cannot be cancelled or refunded, however if after starting your Package you decide you do not wish to continue with it at that time, you may (at any time before the normal expiry of your Package, but not after expiry) Adjust & Restart the Package in the following way:
- Request the Space to Adjust & Restart your Package;
- Make an associated payment for those classes, which you did attend in your Package, prior to requesting a restart. These will be charged as Drop In classes at the rate of a Drop In class applicable at the time of your request to Adjust & Restart and subject to a minimum payment as set out under charges on the website.
- Your request to Adjust & Restart will be accepted once payment has been received in full.
- Once the Adjust & Restart is accepted, you can restart the full Package from scratch within 1 month from that date.
- If the Package has still not been restarted 1 month after the date the Adjust & Restart was accepted, it will expire permanently. No refunds of any kind will be due.
Packages with a remaining duration of more than 3 weeks can be transferred to a friend or family member by following the process and paying the fee set out by The Space on request.
All Purchases expire after a fixed period of time from the date of purchase, regardless of amount of use or quantity of freezes. In particular, purchases that are made, but not used do not have indefinite validity and expire after a fixed time. Purchases that are made cannot be frozen repeatedly, indefinitely. Sunset dates are:
- the date of purchase:
- + the original validity duration of the purchase
- + EITHER 1 month (for Drop-ins and Packages of 1 week validity) OR +6 months (for Packages of greater than 1 week validity)
Public holidays are included in the validity durations of Packages. Packages are not frozen and no adjustments are made to Packages when The Space is closed for Public Holidays.
Other Closures (not Public Holidays)
Packages will be frozen during a period of closure if the Minimum Class Guarantee (described below) is not met. If the Minimum Class Guarantee is met, Packages will not be frozen.
In extreme circumstances, The Space may have to close its physical premises for a substantial period of time. During this period online classes may be used as a substitution for in-person classes. Packages will only be frozen for the day or days where the Minimum Class Guarantee has not been met. In cases where Packages have been frozen, they will cease to be frozen on the day The Space re-opens its physical premises for business and provides the Minimum Class Guarantee. Packages will then continue to expire in the normal course. Refunds are not available in the case of extended closure.
Packages cannot be cancelled or refunded, however if after starting your Package you become ill or injured, you may freeze your Package. The expiry date of your Package will be extended by the duration of the freeze. You may either purchase a freeze as described above, or provide a doctor’s note as described below. If you provide a doctor’s note, the freeze charge will be waived. A freeze with doctor’s note may only be arranged in the following way:
- Make a written request to the Space to freeze your Package between 2 specified dates, specifying the injury or illness that has made the withdrawal from exercise necessary. Freezes cannot be accepted without specific start and end dates and reason.
- Provide a doctor’s note corroborating the injury or illness and the time period for which rest is necessary.
- The freeze will start no earlier than the date The Space receives the corroborating doctor’s note.
- If the doctor does not provide a date when exercise can resume or a time period for which rest is necessary, a freeze will be applied for a maximum of 14 days. If you need longer to recover, you will need to repeat this process, requesting a further freeze and providing another doctor’s letter. Your Package will not be frozen for any period where a corroborating doctor’s letter has not been provided in the correct timeframe.
- If you attend a class during the period of your freeze, your freeze will end on the day before your attendance. If you wish to freeze your Package again after the attendance, you will need to complete the process again for a new freeze and either purchase a freeze or provide another doctor’s letter in the manner described above. Your package will not be frozen in the meantime.
- Class bookings and amendments to bookings must be made via the Space’s online booking system
- A booking or booking amendment for a class can only be made during its Booking Window (described below).
- Each class has a maximum capacity and is available for booking on a first-come, first-served basis.
- You should only make a booking for a class for which you firmly intend to attend.
- If you make a booking and subsequently find you are unable to attend the class, you should cancel the booking as early as possible.
- If you cancel a booking prior to 2 hours before the start time of the class, this is considered an Early Cancellation
- If you make an Early Cancellation from time to time, no deduction will be made to your Package. However if you regularly book and then cancel classes, deductions to your Package will apply in the same way as if you had made a Late Cancellation.
- If you cancel a booking for a class between 2 hours before and 10 minutes before the start time of the class, this is considered a Late Cancellation
- If you make a Late Cancellation, a deduction will be made to your Package.
- The expiry date of your Package will be reduced by 1 day each time you make a Late Cancellation.
- A Late Cancellation will be treated in the same way as if you had attended the class and so your remaining classes will reduce by 1.
- If you cancel a class after 10 minutes before the start time of the class, do not arrive in time to participate in the class or simply do not show up to the class, this is considered a No Show
- If you No Show, a deduction will be made to your Package.
- The expiry date of your Package will be reduced by 2 days each time you No Show.
- A No Show will be treated in the same way as if you had attended the class and so your remaining classes will reduce by 1.
- A limit applies to the number of times you may book, cancel and rebook a single class.
- Classes are available for booking only until 5 minutes before the scheduled start time of the class. Classes are only available for booking once displayed on The Space’s online booking system.
Minimum Class Guarantee
The Space Unlimited Package
- The specific number, type, instructor and timings of classes available may fluctuate and are not guaranteed, however The Space guarantees to run at least 1 class per day between Monday & Saturday (excluding Public Holidays). Packages will be frozen for the day or days where the Minimum Class Guarantee has not been met. Where the Minimum Class Guarantee is met, Packages will not be frozen as a result of such fluctuations.
Fixed Maximum Class Package
- Members can expect classes to run on at least the same number of days per week throughout the term of their Package as were generally running when they bought their Package, unless a reduction was communicated at the time of purchase. The specific numbers and timings of classes available may fluctuate and are not guaranteed. Where the number of days per week that a class is run is reduced, a proportionate extension to the Package validity will be made. The adjustment will be based on how many days per week classes normally run per week and on how many days classes actually ran.
- It is intended that classes are in-person, however where the law prevents or substantially limits in-person classes, online classes may be used as a substitution during a restricted period.
- The specific number, type, instructor and timings of classes available may fluctuate and are not guaranteed. The Space may change any of these without notice. Packages will in no circumstance be amended, due to change in service, but may be frozen where the Minimum Class Guarantee described above is not met.
Personal Training at The Space
For clients committed to achieving specific objectives, or who wish to accelerate their progress, The Space offers a bespoke Personal Training Service (PTS). We take our responsibility supporting clients to achieve their goals seriously and can work effectively with clients who are able to demonstrate the level of dedication required to make their objectives a reality.
- an initial Assessment
- an objective focused, customised training plan with an Assigned Coach, delivered through 1-1 Sessions at pre-decided Time Slots over a fixed period of time
- Rider Benefits as applicable to the service.
Details of Assigned Coach, Time Slots, maximum number of Sessions, duration of validity and Rider Benefits (if any) are clearly detailed at the time of purchase.
Your Assigned Coach will have appropriate skills, qualifications and experience to help you achieve your objectives and is responsible for implementing your service and leading your Sessions.
Your Time Slots are fixed periods of time on fixed days of the week for which you have requested your PTS Sessions to be regularly delivered during the duration of your PTS. For example M/W/F 10.00am - 11.00am.
Each Session is 60 minutes of dedicated 1-1 training led by your Assigned Coach and includes warm up, workout & cooldown.
Sessions in your PTS are conducted at The Space's physical premises except for specific reasons set out in this policy. The actual training will typically be in an indoor studio and selected at your Assigned Coach's discretion based on the requirements of the Session plan. Each Session will not necessarily be conducted in the same studio. The studio will typically be indoors, but on occasions it may be in an outdoor area if your Assigned Coach determines it more suitable.
PTS does not provide exclusive studio use. It is to be expected that other clients and their coaches will be training simultaneously in the same studio as you during your Sessions.
Only the client, who completed the Assessment and for whom the PTS has been designed can use the PTS and attend Sessions or use Rider Benefits within the PTS.
To maximise likelihood of successfully achieving your goals, it is expected you attend all the Sessions at the times and dates pre-arranged, however your PTS is designed with flexibility to accommodate changes by either moving Sessions to a Time Slot at a later date (within your PTS Validity Period) or (where there is availability) to other Time Slots entirely (within your PTS Validity Period). However there are limits and restrictions to these as described under Booking, Cancelling & Rescheduling a Session.
Your PTS (including Rider Benefits, if any) cannot be cancelled, refunded, adjusted, transferred, frozen or otherwise modified in any way except under very specific circumstances (as described in this policy).
A Used Session is any Session you fully or partly attended or was a Late Cancellation or a No Show.
Used Session count in full towards the maximum number of Sessions.
The PTS Validity Period starts on the day of the first Used Session (or 1 week after your Assessment if earlier).
The PTS Validity Period ends on the earlier of:
- the date the maximum number of Sessions is attended
- the close of day on the day prior to the day the PTS Validity Period starts + the period of validity + the period of any extensions that may have been given (as a result of modifications, as set out under Modifications below)
- The Sunset Date
Once the Validity Period has passed, the PTS is expired, irrespective of whether the maximum number of Sessions has been attended or not and no further Sessions may then be attended (nor Rider Benefits used) within that PTS.
Your PTS expires after a fixed period of time from the date of purchase, regardless of amount of use. In particular, purchases that are made, but not used do not have indefinite validity and expire after a fixed time. Sunset dates are:
- the date of purchase:
- + the original validity duration of the purchase
- + 6 weeks
An Assessment is an essential part of your PTS and is required before your Sessions start. Once payment has been made, your Assigned Coach will schedule an Assessment to understand your goals, current physical condition and any relevant medical issues.
If the Assessment identifies no obstacles (for example medical factors) to delay the start of your Sessions, they will start within 1 week of the Assessment.
In specific circumstances, further medical investigations will be required. In such a case your first Session (and start of your Validity Period) will be postponed pending clarity from your healthcare provider.
If a medical issue is identified, where we cannot safely and responsibly continue your training or we are unable to safely and responsibly help you achieve your desired goals, we will cancel your purchase and refund payment after deducting a reasonable charge for the Assessment, any part of the PTS that may have been used, and any necessary interaction with your healthcare provider.
Public Holidays & Other Short Closures
Your PTS is flexibly designed to accommodate a certain level of unpredictable changes and no additional extensions are provided where an event occurs which is known about in advance, typical, minor or modestly impactful.
Public holidays are included in the Validity Period of your PTS and no additional extensions are provided to accommodate Public Holidays.
On rare occasions, The Space may be closed for repair, maintenance or in the event of unforeseeable circumstances (for example extreme weather events like flooding).
In such situations and where this affects one of your Sessions, you may simply rebook your affected Session for a later Time Slot within the Validity Period of your PTS (a Rebook). Alternatively, based on your Assigned Coach and/or studio availability, it may be possible to Reschedule the affected Session to a different Time Slot within the Validity period of your PTS (see under Booking, Cancelling & Rescheduling a Session)
If a Rebook is not convenient for you and a Reschedule is not possible, no adjustments or extensions are made to your PTS and it may be that you will not be able to complete the maximum number of Sessions in your PTS, due to the Validity Period ending.
In extreme circumstances, The Space may have to close its physical premises for a substantial period of time. During this period, live online Sessions may be provided as a substitution for in-person Sessions.
In such circumstances, where online Sessions have been offered, extensions, refunds or any other modifications are not available and your PTS can be used and will expire in the normal manner.
Where online substitution has not been offered and your PTS has instead had to be frozen, the freeze will end immediately on the same day that the Space announces it is able to resume providing in-person Sessions. Further extensions, refunds or any other modifications will not be available, regardless of whether the day of resumption is convenient for you or not.
If after starting your PTS you become ill or injured, you may request a Medical Freeze with Doctor certification in the following way:
- Make a written request to the Space to freeze your PTS between 2 specific dates, subject to a maximum of 6 weeks, specifying the injury or illness that has made the withdrawal from exercise necessary. Medical Freezes cannot be accepted without specific start and reason.
- Provide a doctor's note corroborating the injury or illness and the time period for which complete withdrawal from exercise is necessary.
The Medical Freeze will start no earlier than the date The Space receives the corroborating doctor's note.
If the doctor does not provide a date when exercise can resume or a time period for which rest is necessary, a Medical Freeze will be applied for no more than a maximum of 14 days. If you need longer to recover, you will need to repeat this process, requesting a further Medical Freeze and providing another doctor's letter. Your PTS will not be frozen for any period where a corroborating doctor's letter has not been provided in the correct manner and time-frame.
If you attend a Session or make use of any Rider Benefits during the period of your Medical Freeze, your Medical Freeze will end on the day before your attendance. If you wish to freeze your PTS again after the attendance, you will need to complete the process again for a new Medical Freeze and provide another doctor's letter in the manner described above. Your Medical Freeze will not be frozen in the meantime.
A Medical Freeze will be implemented by first determining how many Time Slots the period of the medical Freeze overlaps with. To the extent that this is greater than the number of unused Time Slots within your PTS, your Validity Period will be extended so that you have that same number of additional Time Slots available to you (though, note below it may be necessary for the actual timings of these Sessions if outside the original Validity Period to run at different times to the original Time Slots.)
Where a Medical Freeze extends the Validity Period, there is no guarantee that any Session outside of the original Validity Period will be run either by your Assigned Coach or at the time of the original Time Slot. The Space shall make reasonable efforts to provide an equivalent coach at a suitable time (inside the new Validity period) in such circumstances, however your PTS is non-refundable and payment will not be refunded and the PTS will not in any other way be modified in the case of a change of Time Slot or Assigned Coach following a Medical Freeze.
If after starting your PTS, you become pregnant, your objectives as well as your physical capabilities will more than likely change! We recommend notifying your Assigned Coach at the earliest opportunity and sharing your healthcare provider's recommendations with respect to exercise. Your objectives can then be re-assessed in light of your new situation and your Assigned Coach can modify your training plan accordingly. We have coaches, who are competent to train pre & post natal. If your Assigned Coach does not have this level of competence, then you may, subject to coach availability, pay any difference in charge and shift your Assigned Coach to one able to handle your changed circumstances.
We would not permit training to continue with an Assigned Coach, not equipped to handle pre-natal training. Your PTS is non-refundable and payment will not be refunded should you not wish to change to a suitable coach to match your changed circumstances.
In the event that exercising is not permitted by a healthcare provider due to pregnancy or fertility treatment, you may request a Medical Freeze with Doctor certification in the same way as described under Injury and Illness.
- The Assigned Coach, Time Slots, Session dates and times are booked and confirmed at the time of purchasing a PTS.
- A Dedicated Whatsapp Group will be established for administrative communication between you and your your Assigned Coach and The Space’s support team.
- If you need to cancel a Session, you must send a message to your Assigned Coach on your Dedicated Whatsapp Group explicitly stating you are cancelling a Session on a given date and time. Any correspondence that is unclear, uncertain, does not specify date and time or is made via verbal or personal correspondence to your Assigned Coach or anyone else, outside of the Dedicated Whatsapp Group is not a valid cancellation and the Session will be treated as a No Show (see under Cancellation Windows) if you do not attend.
- All PTS Sessions are 60 minutes long unless specified otherwise at the time of Purchase.
- If you arrive late for your Session, the Session will still end at the arranged time, your Session will be shorter by the time you arrived late by and the Session will be a Used Session.
- If you cancel a Session (using the correct mechanism described above and subject to limits described below) prior to 6 hours before the start time of the Session, this is considered an Early Cancellation. An Early Cancellation is not considered a Used Session. In the case of an Early Cancellation and subject to limits, the Session may be Rebooked or Rescheduled within the Validity Period.
- If you cancel a session less than 6 hours before the start time of the session, this is considered a Late Cancellation. A Late Cancellation is considered a Used Session. A Late Cancellation cannot be rebooked, rescheduled or in any way reinstated.
- If you cancel a session after 10 minutes before the start time of the Session or simply do not show up to the Session, this is considered a No Show. A No Show is considered a Used Session and cannot be rebooked, rescheduled or in any way reinstated.
Rebooking a Session
- Rebooking a Session means formally confirming the new date of an Early Cancellation to an available Time Slot within your Validity Period.
- To Rebook a Session, you must have already correctly early cancelled the original Session and you must send a message to your Assigned Coach on the dedicated Whatsapp group for your PTS explicitly stating the date and time you wish to Rebook to. Any correspondence that is unclear, uncertain, does not specify date and time or is made via verbal or personal correspondence to your Assigned Coach or anyone else, outside of the Dedicated Whatsapp Group, is not a valid Rebook and the intended booking will not be scheduled.
- Within each PTS, you can Rebook a maximum of 4 times.
Rescheduling a Session
- Rescheduling a Session means formally agreeing the new date of an Early Cancellation to an alternative date and time within your Validity Period that is not at your usual Time Slot for which you, your Assigned coach and the studio has availability.
- You should make a request to your Assigned Coach to Reschedule your Session. Your Assigned Coach will review their schedule and the studio’s schedule and attempt to find an available alternative date and time. If there is availability, the Assigned Coach may verbally agree this with you and then formally confirm the date and time explicitly on your Dedicated Whatsapp Group for your PTS. You must immediately explicitly on the Whatsapp group agree to this Reschedule. If you delay confirming, the alternate date and time will not be reserved and may no longer be available to you and you may not be able to exercise a Reschedule of the Early Cancellation.
- Within each PTS, you can Reschedule a maximum of 3 times.
A PTS may be sold with a discretionary Rider Benefit included, for example a Package of group classes, access to our Open Gym or services provided by third-parties, like nutrition, physiotherapy and massage. If a Rider Benefit is included in your PTS it will be clearly stated at the time of sale. Rider benefits are always discretionary and subject to change without notice and maybe withdrawn without reason before or after sale.
Group Class Package
The terms of your Group Class Rider Benefit are the same as for purchased Group Class Packages as set out on the Group Policy section of our website, except in the following respects:
- The Package may not be frozen
- Group Class spaces are limited and must be booked using The Space's membership system. You may not turn up without booking.
- Classes are available to book only after completing the first Session of your PTS.
- The Package expires no later than the date of expiry of your PTS.
- You may book classes no later than the date of your final booked Session within your PTS.
During certain times, set out on The Space's website, the studio and its facilities are available for Open Gym (self training at The Space's studios) without the support of a coach.
- Open Gym spaces are limited and must be booked using The Space's membership system. You may not turn up without booking.
- Open Gym is only available to book within the Validity Period of your PTS.
- For your safety, equipment that you may be familiar with using with your Assigned Coach may not be available during Open Gym .
Third Party Services
- These services must be booked at The Space’s main reception
- Once confirmed the terms and conditions of the service provider apply to your booking. These will be communicated to you when your service is confirmed.
- Third Party Services are available to book and use only within the validity of your PTS.
While The Space will endeavour to provide Sessions in the specific way discussed at point of sale, it may at its discretion make adjustments to the details of the Sessions without changing the overall essence of the PTS or reducing its overall value.
- Your Assigned Coach is not guaranteed and may be changed to an alternative coach of at least an equivalent seniority.
- The specific studio and preferred Time Slots are not guaranteed.
The Space may change any of these or other without notice.
Rider Benefits as set out under Ancillary Services are not part of your Sessions. The details of these or the provision of them at all is entirely discretionary.
Your PTS will not be refunded, adjusted, transferred or frozen as a result of any such change to service we may make.
- On rare occasions your Assigned Coach may be unavailable to train you at a booked Session.
- In the case that your Assigned Coach is temporarily unavailable, The Space will endeavour to provide an appropriately briefed, substitute coach of suitable experience for the booked Session.
- If you do not wish to proceed with the booked session with the substitute coach, you may cancel the Session in the normal way as described under Booking, Cancelling & Rescheduling a Session and Rebook or attempt to Reschedule the Session in the normal way.
- Your PTS will not be refunded, adjusted, transferred or frozen as a result of the temporary unavailability of your Assigned Coach, where a substitute coach is offered.
- In the case that your Assigned Coach is permanently unavailable (for example your Assigned Coach no longer works for The Space), The Space will endeavour to replace your Assigned Coach with an appropriately briefed, substitute coach of the same or higher seniority as your original Assigned Coach for the remaining duration of your PTS.
- Your PTS will not be refunded, adjusted, transferred or frozen as a result of the permanent unavailability of your Assigned Coach, where a substitute coach is offered.
- Full payment must be made before your initial Assessment
- Full payment must be made a minimum of 10 days before the first Session of your new PTS. We will not commit to keeping Time Slots available where we have not received payment in the correct time-frame.
- You must clear complete payment for your PTS before attending any Session or using any Rider Benefits.
Your PTS is highly personalised with a dedicated coach for the purpose of helping you achieve your goals.
Poor punctuality, cancellations, low motivation or focus during the Sessions will undermine the prospects of you achieving your goals and defy the purpose of your PTS. If you are unable to maintain regular attendance at your Session and follow the instructions of your Assigned Coach during your Sessions, The Space may decline to renew your PTS and propose a more suitable training option.